WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Microblading is a manual "hand" method of semi-permanent cosmetics for your eyebrows that create extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. The results? Perfectly natural looking, thick, full brows.
HOW LONG DOES MICROBLADING LAST FOR?
Results are dependant on your skin type and how closely you follow the aftercare instructions but typically the pigment will fade slowly over 12-24 months.
IS MICROBLADING PAINFUL?
The service can be a little uncomfortable for those who are more sensitive. There is a topical numbing cream that is applied before and during the Microblading procedure to minimize discomfort to where it is completely tolerable.
HOW DOES MICROBLADING WORK?
The pigment is applied with a specific handheld tool that has a row of several fine needles to create thin hair like marks in the skin. Your artist will choose needles and the blade type according to the technique and the skin type. The pigment is placed just below the epidermis and the shallowest part of the dermis in the form of extremely fine natural looking hair strokes. The result achieved is very natural looking as the hair strokes are bladed into the skin according to the natural hair growth direction. A touch up is included 4-6 weeks after your initial treatment.
HOW LONG DOES THE SERVICE TAKE?
The appointment will take about 2.5 hours.
ARE THERE ANY PRE EXISTING CONDITIONS THAT COULD INTERFERE OR PREVENT ME FROM HAVING A BROW EMBROIDERY SERVICE DONE?
Pregnancy • Breastfeeding (treatment is possible, though numbing cream will not be applied)• On keloids or if you have tendency to keloid, birthmarks or moles.• Diabetic.• Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders (doctors note is required)• Circulatory disorders (doctors note is required)• Any bleeding disorders (doctors note is required)• You’re taking blood thinning medication• Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids (must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)• If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area.• Botox (must wait 2 months)• Old PMU• You have a broken capillary in the eyebrows area• If you have a sunburn. • After-waxing (must wait 3 days)• After chemical peels (must wait 2 weeks)
PREPARING FOR YOUR MICROBLADING
Absolutely No Water on them, Sun, Sweating, Exercise or Exertion of any kind prior to the procedure or after the procedure for 10-14 days.
Do not workout the day of the procedure as the body heat expands the pores.• Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment.• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment.• Do not take omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment.• Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 30 days before treatment.• No waxing 2-3 days before treatment.• No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment.• Shower and fix your hair as you need to take extra care not to get your brows wet for several days.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT OF MY SERVICE?
A typical service will proceed as follows:First, the artist will need to do a scratch test on the skin at least 24 hours before the procedure. When you call to inquire about booking a Microblading service you will be informed that a 30 minute consultation and scratch test is mandatory where any questions or concerns can be answered and addressed.
On the day of your Microblading appointment the artist will provide a consultation to discuss expectations and results of the treatment. A BEFORE picture will be taken. The artist then draws on the eyebrow shape using a wax pencil, calipers and a measuring tool. Brows are measured perfectly to complement your unique face shape and size. Next, the artist chooses the perfect pigment color. Numbing agent is applied to skin and sits for 40 minutes. While lying down in a private spa room the initial strokes are laid down on the skin using a handheld tool with a brand new blade specially chosen for you. Numbing agent can be reapplied between passes if needed to reduce any discomfort. Pigment is worked into each stroke to define the brow. After all strokes have been laid out a heavy layer of pigment is applied and left to absorb into the skin. 20 minutes later the pigment is removed and the area is cleaned thoroughly. Once you have seen the results and are satisfied the artist will apply the aftercare serum and take AFTER photos.
MICROBLADING AFTERCARE GUIDE
FOR BEST RESULTS – PLEASE FOLLOW CAREFULLY
*Failure to follow after-care instructions may result in infections, pigment loss or discoloration.
• Use a cotton swab to lightly wipe the brow area with distilled water.
• Use a clean, washed finger to lightly apply the specialized aftercare serum to the Microbladed area.
*Repeat once an hour for the rest of the day immediately following the Microblading procedure.
*Rinsing the skin with distilled water helps to reduce scabbing by minimizing the accumulation of lymph, which is what the skin naturally excretes to form a scab.
• Apply the specialized aftercare serum
*Repeat 1-2 times a day
*Do not exceed applying the aftercare serum twice in one day to avoid suffocating the skin and interfering with the skin’s natural healing process.
DAY 1 – 14
• AVOID THE FOLLOWING
• Touching the eyebrow area (only when following aftercare instructions for Day 1 and also Days 2 – 7)
• Scratching, picking or peeling the eyebrow area where the Microblading occurred to prevent scarring and the pigment from being removed.
• Sun exposure - sun tanning - salon tanning. NO SUN 30 DAYS PRIOR & 30 DAYS AFTER THE PROCEDURE. 1 DAY WILL RUIN THE RESULTS IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THE 10-14 DAY AFTERCARE PROTOCOL.
• Laser or chemical peels, and any other form of exfoliation.
• Exercise - participating in sports and activities that induce heavy perspiration. It is recommended not to sweat (heavily) for the first 10-14 days after the procedure. Sweat is salt and WILL prematurely fade, blur or cause the pigment not to take at all.
• Long, hot baths or showers - Jacuzzis - saunas – swimming
• Applying any creams to your face or neck containing retinol or glycolic acid.
• Engaging in tasks like heavy household cleaning where airborne debris can become prevalent.
• Transportation in vehicles where strong wind is present, for example; driving in cars with the windows down, convertibles, motorcycles, bicycles, and boats.
• Drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, as it can cause wounds to heal slower.
AFTER DAY 14
• Resume all normal activities
*Avoid any creams containing retinal or glycolic acid until after the completion of your re-touch appointment, and its healing process as well.
• Some residual swelling will occur for ALL procedures
•The area may appear uneven, dry, itchy, tender, red & irritated
*This is 100% NORMAL
* These symptoms will dissipate each day and vary on an individual basis
*DO NOT PICK
*Healing is specific to each client. We do not have control over your body’s healing process.
*This is an enhancement to your natural brows, not a permanent one.
COLOUR BOOST NEEDED EVERY 10-18 MONTHS to maintain fresh natural appearance